The experience, integrity and qualifications of a consulting engineering company’s personnel are its best assets. WEIR is proud of its personnel who have substantial experience working in and serving the mining and energy industries. WEIR personnel have both technical expertise and operations experience to provide competent, professional service to our clients.
- Dennis N. Kostic President and CEO
- Mr. Kostic is a mining engineer with over 45 years of engineering and operations experience in the mining industry in both surface and underground mining. His experience includes extensive mine layout and design expertise, multiple seam mining, surface and underground mine operational assessments, mine property evaluations, due diligence investigations, and coal market studies throughout the US, Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, Kazakhstan, Poland, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom, and Venezuela. He has held senior level engineering and operating positions with several major US coal mining companies.
- Fran X. Taglia, III Managing Director
- Mr. Taglia has over 12 years of technical, operational analysis and business management experience and expertise in the financial, product development and production industries. His experience includes market analyses and process flow studies, project development and implementation, project transactions and management, and pro-forma modeling. Mr. Taglia’s process analysis experience has focused on improvement in management systems, controls, productivity, and operating costs.
- Thomas E. Blandford, III Executive Vice President
- Mr. Blandford is a mining engineer with more than 35 years of experience in engineering and operations management. His experience includes engineering management at both surface and underground coal mining operations throughout the US, Canada, Colombia, South Africa and Australia, as well as mine planning and design, feasibility studies, due diligence investigations, operational analysis, and contract mining.
- Eddie D. Turner P.E. Vice President
- Mr. Turner is a civil engineer with more than 35 years of experience in mine operations management and mine engineering, including mine planning, operations support and acquisitions. His expertise relates to surface and underground mining operations, mine development, and evaluation and valuation of mining operations and properties. He has extensive experience in conducting due diligence investigations of mining operations, reserve and resource properties, feasibility studies, and experience in negotiations relating to acquisition and divestiture transactions. Mr. Turner’s mining experience also includes considerable knowledge of best practices relating to surface and underground mining operations and environmental compliance.